By Osprey Custom Homes
What is Green Building?
Green Building is a term that describes environmentally friendly construction. Green buildings are sited, designed, constructed and operated to enhance the well-being of occupants and to minimize negative impacts on the community and natural environment.
Residential, luxury new custom green homes:
- Provide a healthier and more comfortable environment
- Improve long-term economic performance
- Incorporate energy and water efficient technologies
- Use recycled content materials in their construction
- Reduce construction and demolition waste
- Bring higher resale value
- Landscaped for water and energy efficiency
- Include renewable energy technologies
- Improve indoor air quality
- Reduce environmental impact
- Are easier to maintain and built to last
A few ways to build green are:
- Install energy-efficient appliances
- Use low-VOC house paint
- Use recycled materials
- Use rapidly renewable products, such as bamboo flooring
- Install engineered wood
- Landscape with low-water plants
- Install energy and water efficient irrigation systems
Contact us today to learn more about building your green luxury new custom home in the Orlando - Central Florida area.